It’s a hot topic right now, the topic of buying a car in United States instead of Canada. Many Canadian’s in the store for a new car see the differences in Msrp (manufacturer’s recommend sell price) between a car in Canada and the same car in the United States. That disagreement in many cases makes the case of buying a car in the United States instead of Canada that much stronger and many are development the hop over the border or researching online to check things out.
Buying a car in United States isn’t as easy as it may seem. Many Canadian’s think all they have to do is buy the car, pay the duty and voila they are on their way to recovery Huge!
In addition to the paying of the duty there are a few other hurdles Canadian’s have to overcome when. Here is just a quick low down of what you need to reconsider if you are mental about buying a new car:
1. Dealerships have a franchise business transaction which prohibits them from selling cars to anyone face of the country. I have heard stories of citizen admittedly looking dealerships who will break their franchise agreements, but it is a challenge.
2. The new car you buy is going to be cash because you won’t be able to qualify for Us financing or leasing rates and any rebates are not applicable to you.
3. If you were contemplating on using your current car as a trade you might face a challenge again. The Us store if “fat” with used cars and may not even want to reconsider your car in the deal.
4. If you live close to a border crossing then development the trek over a few times isn’t such a hardship for you, but, if you leave added away plan on development a few weekend trips and add that expense into the mix.
5. If you are mental about buying a car in the United States instead of Canada know that there are equipment modifications you need to make to the vehicle you can check them out here Buying a car in United States instead of Canada [http://www.insurmycar.ca/buyingacarinunitedstatesinteadofcanada.html]
6. Check with transport Canada and Canada Customs to make sure the car you are looking at Buying a car in United States instead of Canada [http://www.insurmycar.ca/buyingacarinunitedstatesinteadofcanada.html] is admissible into Canada and what other documentation you need.
7. If you are looking at buying a used car the hoops and jumps aren’t as great but check and make sure.
Buying a car in United States instead of Canada may seem great when comparing Msrps between the United States and Canada but there is a lot more you need to consider. Make sure you do your research not only on the car but also what requirements you need to look at.